Well hello there! It’s nice to have you here. I’m Abby, and I love food, blankets, candles, books, and stationery. I’m also the writer behind this here blog you’re looking at.
I’m something of a health and wellness junkie, so here in my happy little corner of the internet, you’ll find a delicious concoction of all things health and wellness, including plant-based recipes, wellbeing tips, happy stories, things to get excited about and other lifestyle musings/thoughts/ramblings. Oh, and some travel. Because why the heck not not.
If you’re wondering how this whole blog came about, here are 5 reasons for you to get your teeth into:
- I love writing, health and wellbeing, cooking, fitness, travel and photography. What better way to combine my interests?
- I want to inspire people to eat less meat and dairy, and more plants – for the animals, the planet, and health.
- I get asked for recipes* fairly often, so hopefully you’ll find something yummy here that you’d like to cook! All my recipes are healthy, plant-based, and they’re often gluten free, too, as my husband Luke doesn’t do too well with the old wheat. *My recipes go through a vigorous testing process, AKA, my husband. So, if they don’t taste delicious, you know who to blame. Sorry, Luke.
- Without going into all the boring detail, over the past few years I’ve learnt a lot about myself through cognitive behaviour therapy, counselling, and self development. I like to think I’m now pretty good at managing my mental health, staying positive, and knowing what to do to ensure I live my best, happiest life possible. So while I’m no expert in the mental health arena, I believe I’ve got a few tips and tricks up my sleeve that might be worth sharing!
- I don’t think there is a 5th reason, but I prefer to end a list on a nice round number. 4 just won’t do.
Please feel free to grab a cuppa and have a look around, just like you would when your friend is showing you her new house. You can leave your shoes on though, I’m not fussy.