Well hello there! It’s nice to have you here.
I’m Abby, your gal pal who likes writing, reading, sleeping, travelling, dancing, and tinkering in the kitchen.
In my happy little corner of the internet, you can expect to find a delicious concoction of wellness musings, plant-based recipes, happy stories and a big old dose of positivity. Oh, and some travel. Because why the heck not not.
If you’re wondering how this whole blog came about, here are 5 reasons for you to get your teeth into:
- I love writing, health and wellbeing, cooking, fitness, travel and photography. What better way to combine my interests?
- I want to inspire people to eat less meat and dairy, and more plants – for the animals, the planet, and health.
- I get asked for recipes fairly often, so hopefully you’ll find something yummy here that you’d like to cook! All my recipes are plant-based, and they’re often gluten free, too, as my husband (Luke) doesn’t do too well with the old wheat. My recipes go through a vigorous testing process, AKA, my husband. So, if they don’t taste delicious, you know who to blame.
- Without going into all the boring detail, over the years I’ve learnt a lot about myself through cognitive behaviour therapy, counselling, and self development. I like to think I’m now pretty good at managing my mental health, staying positive, and knowing what to do to ensure I live my best, happiest life possible. So while I’m no expert in the mental health arena, I believe I’ve got a few tips and tricks up my sleeve that might be worth sharing!
- I don’t think there is a 5th reason, but I prefer to end a list on a nice round number. 4 just won’t do.
Please feel free to grab a cuppa and have a look around, just like you would when your friend is showing you her new house. You can leave your shoes on though, I’m not fussy.