One of the things I’m doing regularly at the moment to keep me feeling positive and motivated is thinking about the things I’m grateful for. I always try and practise gratitude, but since we’ve been in lock-down, I’ve been making an effort to do this daily.
Making a gratitude list brings me a lot of comfort, makes me smile, and soothes my anxious mind. Sometimes I write it out with pen and paper, and sometimes I just think it to myself.
Today, on this sunny Good Friday, I thought I’d share the things I’m feeling grateful for during this crazy time, and hope that it brings you a little slice of comfort and joy, too.
- The weather lately has been absolutely glorious (I love winter, but seeing the sun really lifts my spirits!).
- I can stay inside in my lovely home where I’m safe and have access to food and drink.
- I have a selection of un-read feel-good books and the time to read them.
- I work with the best people, and I’m very lucky that when this is over, I’ll be able to go back to work and see their lovely, smiling faces.
- I have a garden where I can sit and watch the clouds go by and listen to birds sing.
- We have the technology to keep in touch with people.
- We have a bloody fantastic NHS who are fighting day-in, day-out to save lives and keep us all safe. Seriously, if any of you are reading this – YOU ARE OUR HEROES.
- We have a government who is doing everything they can to help keep businesses afloat, and keep us safe. Side note: I’m not the biggest Boris fan, but I’ve been really impressed by how he and his government are handling this. I hope he gets well soon and we’ll be seeing him back on our screens soon!
- It’s Friday today, which means I get to have my favourite meal: fajitas!
What are you feeling grateful for today? Let me know 🙂